I found a draft of my first post that I wrote when I set up this blog - originally at the end of 2010 - but I never published it. I obviously had commitment issues back then. Perhaps I knew I just wasn't ready to step up and take this writer's lark seriously, no matter how much I wanted to.
Anyhoo. I thought I'd share it. I like the tone. It's quite jolly and 'up'.
Come on in. Pull up a pillow and duvet and make yourself at home. After taking a good six months off from blogging I've decided to kick off 2011 in a brand new stylee. First off, many people will have met me first in the blogshpere as JaneyV. Well JaneyV works in a school and dabbles in a bit of fiction between naps and walking her dog. I love JaneyV, (well I would do - she's me), but she's never going to write a book or get on the road to being published. How could she? Her life is full up with being a Mum and part-time taxi-driver, a reluctant cook, a much-loved wife and ignorer of mess. She's too much of a Jane-of-all-trades and quite frankly her real life is too chaotic to ever be focussed enough to be a writer. So JaneyV is retiring into domesticated bedlam. She's happier there.
Enter J P Hannan.
J P Hannan is a determined writer of Young Adult fiction. This blog will be about JP's life.
A writer's life.
A life in pyjamas.
Pyjamas are to writers what uniforms are to policemen - part of the very fabric (ahem) of the job...! Welcome back, missus! :-)
ReplyDeleteMy first comment. I'm so chuffed - especially as it's from you who I consider to be the person who opened the door to this life for me. Thank you Nixie xxx
ReplyDeleteSo cool! Now we just need the photo of you in said pyjamas...
ReplyDeleteDitto on that FH comment, girlio!
ReplyDeleteGina and Robin I will pose for the bejammied pic as soon as I have lost the weight I've put on by over eating to deflect from the fact that I should have been writing. Currently they really are my most comfortable items of clothing but that does not mean I'm wearing them well! Oh no!
ReplyDeleteUnable to locate my bugle to blow a suitable fanfare, I've borrowed my neighbour's beagle and, in brilliant "two birds with one stone" fashion, cleared it of a disagreeable blockage.
ReplyDeleteGlad to have you back and looking forward to your jimjamly exploits.
Whirl You are kindness itself - both in your loveliness to me and to constipated beagles everywhere. I'm so glad we're friends :0)
ReplyDeleteHa! Love it!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo, wonderful to see you and what a great introduction. You should leave yourself notes for the future more often!
ReplyDeleteI hope you make a point of telling the world when there's a new blog post here so we know to come rushing over!
Hmm, I guess I should do at least a brief update on mine, too :D
Now, where's my pajamas? I'm entiredly too seriously dressed for this.
Sylvia the world is better when the pants aren't constricting our middles. (Someone should carve that in stone)! As to advertising - I'll be leaving that to blogger. I'll never link to this from Facebook. The last thing I want is to have to start censoring this because someone I work with finds out about it. I want to keep this perfect world for just me... slobby and free!
ReplyDelete